Monday 18 October 2010

Bob's Your Uncle...

Just had a little smile....Denise, from Stamping Vacation left a comment about me saying "Bob's your Uncle" - it got me to thinking how many sayings we use like that in each of our countries.

Thought we could have a little "off the cuff" competition......how about we all submit the phrase we most like that begins with the first letter of our name?

SO - my name is Ruth (Ruthie, Roothy Toothy, Rx) so my phrase begins with R - and thats Rumpy-pumpy!  Just makes me laugh everytime I hear it!  In fact, when we were talking to my son about SEX we used to call it "slap and tickle"!!!!  He is SO gonna kill me for adding that little fact!!!  BUT my phrase HAS to be Rumpy-pumpy because Slap and Tickle doesnt begin with a "R"!

Here is a website which may help if you can't think of a phrase! Your phrase doesnt have to be from this site! If I can't find out what it means then I will pop over to your blog and ask you - so make sure you dust and put the kettle on!

Will leave this open until next Friday (23rd)......I will try and use as many of the phrases as I can in the following week's posts!!!!

Thanks for popping by!

Rx

5 comments:

eiyiyi said...

Eileen ... Eiyiyi (OK, take the flat of your palm and smack it against your forehead while moaning the above phrase).

Dragonlady said...

OK so that didn't work but I have used As blind as a bat because of my real name!

Hugs Ali x

Denise Clark said...

What fun! Hmmm...Denise being my first name...

Favorite? Datsa good! Just "that's good". Hubby says this to me all the time, especially about cards!

Julye said...

Hi Ruth, what fun and as I use to say very frequently I need a 'jimmy riddle' that fits with my name as it begins with a J for Julye. Hopefully I won't have to say it as frequently as I did as I've just had some surgery that will have being optimistic sorted out that problem. Its so nice to be back in blog land all be it for every short stints as I keep having to move around as sitting makes my stitches in my tummy pull.

Faye said...

Face like a smacked bum. It should be a ruder word beginning with A! Love the new look log, it's much easier to read than the black. xxx