Sunday 7 November 2010

Delicious Doodles Post! Cuteness!

For my Delicious Doodles post today I thought I would go for an autumn look this time round - so chose the gorgeous Dormouse image! 

I coloured the image with chalks and promarkers - I wanted a delicate look to it.

Then I made a frame out of some leaves cut on my ecraft machine.  These are on the fundamentals 1 cartridge.

Think I may have "overpowered" the little Dormouse a little, just not sure really whether I have achieved a good contrast or just got a little "brash" with the whole thing!
But nothing can take away from how cute the image is!

Have just realised I can link this up for Stamping Vacation - two challenges in fact - to use green and rust, and also to use any shaped frame but round or square!

Thanks for popping by!

Ruthiex

9 comments:

Teri said...

I think it's gorgeous hun! Having the leaves as a frame adds a feeling of depth to it. The shading is lovely and soft too.
Hope you are doing well hun.
Hugs,
Teri x

eiyiyi said...

I think it's lovely and sweet little mouse shows through beautifully. Hope you are taking good care of yourself and not overdoing thing! hugs, eileen

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Gorgeous card. I really like the leaf frame. x

misteejay said...

Beautiful image - great shading.

Toni :o)

Maria Moorhouse said...

Great card Ruth! xx

Karen McAlpine said...

Very cute mouse image. I don't think he is overpowered. the leaf frame is very creative. Thanks for joining us at the Stamping Vacation Challenge blog.

JustYolie said...

So cute!!! I love the leaf frame! :)

Merry said...

This is so pretty.....love his eyes they are really watching you. Thanks for joining in over at Stamping Vacation.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow I absolutely love this creation that image surrounded by those leaves look wonderful thank you for joining our Colour Combo challenge at Stamping Vacation this month.
Hugs
Lorraine x