Friday 25 February 2011

Delicious Doodles - Make your own buttons

EEEEEKKKK - ok that was my first thought!  

We have reorganised the teams into just one team over at DD - all fine and dandy up until that.  I had looked at this challenge and thought "Phew, at least I dont need to try that one!" ... hee hee.  Then I realised that, with the shuffle around, I did indeed need to "try that one!"  

Terri (boss lady) is very cool and wonderful with us all and had already said that we could do the ones we wanted to etc.  BUT I thought I should just get on with it and have a go - remember this mindset from the sketch challenge? (and I ended up loving the card I made that time!).  

Hmmm, said I (not unlike Pooh Bear in fact)....I will google it.  "Cut out shape, punch out two or four holes, cover with glossy accents".....NO (said I) there must be more to it than that!  NO, there really isnt!  How funny...all that fuss and procrastination for nothing!


OK - have been quite busy at work, so coloured the image using inkscape (always feel I am cheating a bit doing this!).



AND - take a peek at these beauties.......


I just won them in a facebook competition - a lovely lady does classes locally to me and was offering these as a prize for sharing her page!

I have to say, that we are all watching our weight - but we really couldnt say no...so we had the top three (one for each of us) and we gave our friends the bottom three!

Sorry for the little distraction there .... back to business....if you would like to join in with our challenge this week (and get some digis if you win) then pop on over to Delicious Doodles Challenges (in the sidebar).

Thanks for stopping by today

Rx

6 comments:

misteejay said...

Pretty card. Homemade buttons as well c",)

Toni :o)

Victoria said...

cor those cakes look yummy! I'd sack any diet for those too!

I don't think it's cheating using a pc to colour images, I used to do it all the time!

Love
Victoria
x

Teri said...

Gorgeous work hun! The image looks fab coloured like that. Thos cakes look yummy too - ooops, just gained another pound just looking at them! LOL

mckinkle said...

Hello Ruthie,

Such a beautiful card and I love your buttons especially! I cheated with mine and used a die!

I did giggle at your comment about smiling that you wouldnt have to be doing this challenge - I know the feeling!!

Look at those fab cupcakes! Well done on winning them and even more so for sharing them!

Have a lovely weekend!
Keryn x

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Love this card and those cakes look yummy! x

Faye said...

Those cakes look delish!! And so does your card, how sweet and the buttons look great! Have a lovely weekend. xxx