Tuesday 22 May 2012

Crochet bedspread!

Over the Christmas hols, I finally worked out how to crochet.  I then decided I would try and crochet a square....the square grew.  "What are you making?" friends and family asked.  "I dont know", I replied.  
I had this vague idea I would stop when I got bored.  Well, I got bored...and stopped - I now have a double bedspread - or a very nice warm throw blanket - its crazy heavy!






As you can see, I need to wash and block it - gotta find out how to do that now!

Phew - what to do next I wonder?

Rx

6 comments:

Helen said...

That looks great, wish I could crochet....It brings back childhood memories cos my gran used to crochet blankets for me...I got as far as buying a hook and some wool xx

Powerful Search Engine said...

Stunning hun it does not look squiffy to me xx

theboelemas@aol.com said...

OK I'm impressed!!! There's me still struggling along with my training wheels and you go and do this!! :D

It's a fantastic blanket!

Claire xxx

Carol said...

This is fabulous Ruth, I love your colour combos - can't believe this is your first attempt at crochet! Carol x

misteejay said...

Wow, well done Ruthie - fabulous result.

Toni xx

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Whoa...that is big! Gorgeous!! Love the bright colors!